Attributions

Images and/or photos in the blog title and certain posts are the copyrighted property of 123RF.com, its contributors or its licensed partners and are being used with permission under the relevant license. These images and/or photos may not be copied or downloaded without permission from 123RF.com. Floral fonts in the blog title has been designed/modified using assets from rawpixel.com/Freepik.com under the free licensing agreement.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

T'was the Day before Christmas...

Already, shopping malls and major streets are all decorated and geared up for this special season of the year. To many, it's a time of family reunion and a time to catch up with friends, exchanging presents and having a hearty meal. Christmas, however, is more than just a year-end holiday filled with festive spirit and joyous celebrations. It is also a time to reflect as the year draws to a close in a week's time.

Personally, it's been quite an eventful year in my writing journey, going into the unchartered waters of sci-fi novel——my first attempt. The process, of course, wasn't all smooth sailing and well. I encountered the same dry spell, writer's block, disruptions and annoyances, whatever you could think of. And like I mentioned, there were several times I almost called it quit for lack of inspiration and drive.

Thankfully, my wife stood by me. Her encouraging words and eagerness to read every chapter draft I finished, giving me suggestions and telling me what she liked are what kept me going until now. With barely three chapters left to go, I hope to persevere and complete this significant milestone in my writing career.

So in the midst of this happy festive occasion, let's be thankful for what we have and accomplished this year, however small, and refresh and ready ourselves for challenges in the new year ahead.

Have a wonderful and meaningful Christmas, my friends.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Author's Thought

Not everyone loves to write, and fewer still take writing as a calling. In a world where literacy is on the rise, more and more people are a...