Attributions

Images and/or photos in the blog title and certain posts are the copyrighted property of 123RF.com, its contributors or its licensed partners and are being used with permission under the relevant license. These images and/or photos may not be copied or downloaded without permission from 123RF.com. Floral fonts in the blog title has been designed/modified using assets from rawpixel.com/Freepik.com under the free licensing agreement.

Sunday, August 20, 2023

The Cinematic Syndrome


This is a rather weird (and I would dare say, unique and personal) term I coined while writing my first novel.

Although I've come to expect frequent writer's block and periods of dry spell, it's still not a good feeling when I find myself in a rut and want to throw up my hands and just give up the whole damn idea.

"I can't do this!" 

I would find myself saying that sentence many times since I began this journey. But the marvelous thing is I'm still writing!

So what is it that keep me going? The Cinematic Syndrome.

What do I mean by that?

Well, whenever I feel I run out of inspiration or idea, I would start envisioning a scene in my story where characters play out their roles and conversations. It's a way to hypnotize myself into believing what I write is real and of value it has the possibility of making it onto the silver screen.

Call that a dream, if you may. But I think (and suspect) that it could be the very thing that drives many authors to write their novels.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Author's Thought

Not everyone loves to write, and fewer still take writing as a calling. In a world where literacy is on the rise, more and more people are a...