Attributions

Images and/or photos in the blog title and certain posts are the copyrighted property of 123RF.com, its contributors or its licensed partners and are being used with permission under the relevant license. These images and/or photos may not be copied or downloaded without permission from 123RF.com. Floral fonts in the blog title has been designed/modified using assets from rawpixel.com/Freepik.com under the free licensing agreement.

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Revamping the Storyline


After writing the Prologue I had a change of heart regarding the chapter outline proposed by ChatGPT. This is to be expected in order to streamline the thought flow and give succeeding chapters a logical continuation.

I could simply start writing about the young Jewish prodigy but it would feel rather abrupt, when reason dictates in the mind of the reader that an introduction to what STRATOS is all about is imperative after an explosive Prologue. This will not only keep the momentum going but also facilitate the unravelling of related individuals and entities, for that matter.

The beginning part is always the most difficult to write for a novel, so I spent quite some time thinking how each chapter should best progress. Then a sudden idea came to me, that I should segregate my novel into two or three divisions, with each focusing on a major entity. In my current situation, I hope to begin with EVE and then trace her evolution to HAVAH.

Having decided thus, I proceeded to revamp the chapter outline:

Prologue

PART 1: EVE

1. STRATOS
2. EVE
3. The Prodigy

PART 2: HAVAH

4. The Awakening

Looks good, for now. But I'm sure there's room for expansion as the narrative unfolds. The likelihood for additional chapters in Part 1 is high; for now, I just need to focus on the few listed, one chapter at a time. As George Bernard Shaw aptly observed:

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

An Author's Thought

Not everyone loves to write, and fewer still take writing as a calling. In a world where literacy is on the rise, more and more people are a...