Attributions

Images and/or photos in the blog title and certain posts are the copyrighted property of 123RF.com, its contributors or its licensed partners and are being used with permission under the relevant license. These images and/or photos may not be copied or downloaded without permission from 123RF.com. Floral fonts in the blog title has been designed/modified using assets from rawpixel.com/Freepik.com under the free licensing agreement.

Monday, May 6, 2024

An Author's Thought

Not everyone loves to write, and fewer still take writing as a calling. In a world where literacy is on the rise, more and more people are able to read. This is especially true now that mobile technology has become an indispensable part of our modern lifestyle.

What does it take to be an author? Besides the ability to put into words what you wish to convey, passion and determination are two necessary qualities. To be honest, these days it's getting harder to become a successful author, even if you have a writing style that is engaging and can produce books that are enjoyable to read. So, why do I still want to go on writing? Perhaps, Anais Nin said it best:


Life passes on too quickly and many experiences we have are either quickly forgotten because our brains start to fail, or lost when we are gone. That's why it's important to put these precious memories into words while we still can, and in the process leave a legacy for future generations to learn and remember us. And I suspect that those who carry on writing believe in this fact:


I'm now into my 60s and I don't know how much time I have left. One thing is for sure: when it's time to go, I don't want to look back with regrets to have live in vain when I could make a difference in someone's life, or impact others for the better by sharing my life's experiences and the invaluable knowledge I gained.

So yes, I will keep on writing, until the day I breathe my last.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Author's Thought

Not everyone loves to write, and fewer still take writing as a calling. In a world where literacy is on the rise, more and more people are a...