Attributions

Images and/or photos in the blog title and certain posts are the copyrighted property of 123RF.com, its contributors or its licensed partners and are being used with permission under the relevant license. These images and/or photos may not be copied or downloaded without permission from 123RF.com. Floral fonts in the blog title has been designed/modified using assets from rawpixel.com/Freepik.com under the free licensing agreement.

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Operation Thunderbolt


This would be the final mission for Viper, a realization that her premonition had unfortunately come true. How will she die? Through an unintentional selfless act. No spoilers here.

On hindsight, it is an appropriate name, not just for STRATOS' covert operation, but also for David and every team member who will witness Viper's passing. It's hard to say goodbye to an intimate friend and a comrade that had become family through thick and thin, braving risks and dangers together.

As Viper lay in coma from her severe injury, hooked to a life support and hanging for dear life, what goes through David's mind over this sudden development? Is there a sense of regret for not making known his feelings? Will there even be  an opportunity for the lovebirds to bid farewell? What will be the reactions of the team members? What follows next?

These are just some questions that crossed my mind as I contemplate at the grim prospect of taking out a character I have come to love and animate in my first novel. When I told my wife, she was aghast at the idea since I let her read each chapter draft after I finish writing. She loved the dynamics I created between the two lovebirds.

I need a break. I really do.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Author's Thought

Not everyone loves to write, and fewer still take writing as a calling. In a world where literacy is on the rise, more and more people are a...